Our Kansas City house has been under contract for the past few weeks (thank goodness!), so we took a family house hunting trip down to New Orleans over the weekend. Our trip was action packed, but sadly, I don't have pictures. Avery and I met Roger down there on Saturday, and I must tell you that traveling with a walking child is a whole new ball game!
We bought a set of GoGo Babyz travel wheels to attach to Avery's car seat, and I think this is the neatest little contraption. The wheels basically turn the car seat into a little stroller, so it is perfect for maneuvering through the airport. The wheels detach easily to put the car seat in an airline seat, and then it is so nice to have your own car seat at your destination.
I knew that Avery would have a hard time sitting still on the flights (we had to connect in Dallas), so I let her out of her car seat to walk around at the airport. Oh my - what a challenge! Avery was not content to just calmly walk around near our things. Nope - this child was off and RUNNING! I was carrying all of our stuff, and when I would close in on her, she would just giggle and run faster. Despite the challenge of keeping up with her, it was so sweet to watch her run to Roger when she saw him waiting outside of security for us.
We spent the weekend eating wonderful Cajun food and house hunting. Avery was a champ all weekend, despite missing naps and staying up way past her bedtime. On Sunday afternoon we found THE house for us! Odds are good that we will be moved in before Thanksgiving. We will post some pictures soon!


2 comments:
Wonderful!!! I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations surviving your trip as well!
Yay! That is awesome. I am so glad you found your home. Congrats! It sounds like you had a busy weekend keeping up with taz :) Can't wait to see pics.
Post a Comment