After 8 months of parenting, Roger and I were ready for a short vacation. We booked a cruise a few months ago for the 4th of July weekend. Our cruise was scheduled to depart out of Fort Lauderdale on Thursday July 2nd, so Avery and I flew to Dallas on Tuesday, June 30th. My mom has been in Dallas visiting my sister, so the plan was for Avery to vacation with them while Roger and I were cruising the Western Caribbean.
On Tuesday night, Katie, Mackenzie, Avery, and I met all of my favorite college girlies for dinner. It was the first time for most of them to meet Avery, and I was so happy to introduce her to all of them. The big surprise of the night was that Shannon had driven in from Austin to see everyone! Seeing my best friends is always bittersweet. I love every minute I get to spend with them, but leaving always makes me miss being close to them.
Everyone of these beautiful ladies is a mommy or mommy-soon-to-be!
On Tuesday night, Katie, Mackenzie, Avery, and I met all of my favorite college girlies for dinner. It was the first time for most of them to meet Avery, and I was so happy to introduce her to all of them. The big surprise of the night was that Shannon had driven in from Austin to see everyone! Seeing my best friends is always bittersweet. I love every minute I get to spend with them, but leaving always makes me miss being close to them.
Everyone of these beautiful ladies is a mommy or mommy-soon-to-be!


0 comments:
Post a Comment