Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Days

Winter here was BRUTAL last year, and when spring finally arrived, I told Roger that I thought I could only handle one more Kansas City winter. During a normal winter, Kansas City gets around 16 inches of snow. January and February are usually the worst months, and last year we had 23 inches of snow. It was so miserable! This winter has been much better - actually bearable. Before last weekend, we had only 8 inches of snow fall, and it generally came in small one inch increments. Last Friday night we were hit with our biggest snow storm of the year. Thankfully we only got about 4 inches here, and my flight to Dallas on Saturday evening was not impacted. I love freshly fallen snow, before any footprints mess it up. The best part of the snow storm was that it gave me the opportunity to wear the new Coach snow boots that Roger's parents gave me for Christmas. They are so cute! Here is how it looked at our house early Saturday morning as the snow continued to fall.

0 comments: