Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dallas Trip

My trip to Dallas was successful! I was so nervous about leaving Avery overnight, but she and her daddy were just fine without me for the 28 hours I was gone. I really do have the most wonderful husband! I love going home to Texas, and I always wish that I could stay for longer (but only if Roger and Avery were with me)! I arrived in Dallas at 9:00 pm Saturday night, and I went straight to Katie's house. Mackenzie was waiting up for me, and we had a fun girls' night. It was very odd going to bed Saturday night knowing that I wouldn't be awakened in the middle of the night by Avery's sweet little voice. I woke up a few times out of habit, and I had my alarm set so that I could get up to pump in the morning.

On Sunday morning, my brother came over with baby Rylen, who is now 2 weeks old. I was so excited to meet my new nephew! Rylen is such a sweet little thing, and I was amazed by how little he is. He was 7 pounds, 2 ounces at birth, so he wasn't that much smaller than Avery, but it is hard to remember that she was ever this little. At this point, I can't decide whether I think Rylen looks more like Matt or Allyson. I actually think he kinda looks like Brad Pitt as the 90 year old Benjamin Button! He is so cute!


In the afternoon I drove to Fort Worth for my dear friend Tiffany's baby shower. Tiff was my Tridelt Little Sis, and I love her! She thought for awhile that she was having a boy, so we were all shocked when she found out that the baby is actually a girl. Thankfully, she has a few months to get used to the idea of PINK! Even though my visit was short, it was so nice to spend time with so many of my favorite girls. Mel, Erin, and I had a pump party before I left for the airport, and that is a memory I will never forget. I need to plan a long weekend trip to Dallas so that I can spend real quality time with my girlies!

0 comments: