Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Am I miserable enough?

My sweet mother-in-law called Roger the other day and asked how I was doing. Then she taught him a valuable lesson - a pregnant lady must hit a point of real misery before she is truly ready to give birth. Am I there? Despite some common ailments, I don't think I am miserable yet. However, here are a few of my complaints:


1. Sleeping is nearly impossible! I sleep surrounded by pillows, and yet I still can't get comfortable. Plus, I have to get up 2 to 3 times a night. Roger refers to the pillows as the Great Wall of Brookside (our neighborhood), but he never complains about them. He does however have one complaint about my new sleeping habits. Apparently, I have started to snore a little bit. I have never snored before, so let's hope for Roger's sake that this little condition goes away after the baby is born!


2. I am having major shoe issues! A few weeks ago, I talked to some of my pregnant friends about my need to switch to flat shoes. Since I am on the short side, I usually wear shoes with at least a 3" heel, and those just aren't cutting it anymore. There are so many cute flats out there now, so I thought that it would be easy to find some that I like. Yeah - not really. I did buy a cute pair of snakeskin flats, but unfortunately, they don't go with the majority of my prego clothes. The bigger issue now is that my feet have started to swell a bit, so no shoes fit right! Weather permitting, I am going to try to get away with wearing flip flops for the next few weeks.


3. Every few days I have an issue with my sciatic nerve - not fun!


4. Heartburn was a major issue, but my doctor gave me a prescription that takes care of that.


5. I have an EXCESSIVE workload between now and October 15th. For awhile things were slow at work (which I loved), but that all changed about 2 weeks ago. To get it all done in time, I am working long hours every day (yes, both days of the weekends too). Provided that the baby doesn't come early, I should be able to get it all finished. I hate it now, but it will be so nice to have everything done more than a week before my due date!


Bottom line - I am not truly miserable yet. Good thing! Below is a picture at 36.5 weeks.


7 comments:

Jaime said...

You look so cute!! Can't believe we are so close to Avery's arrival!! Hooray!

Tara James said...

hang in there, sweet friend!

Ebes said...

Jennie...hang in there! We are almost there! I love that your MIL said that b/c I have reached the point of true missery. I can no longer feel either of my hands and you know about my thankle issue :) We can do it...just think of the fun "prize" we get at the end. Love you...oh, and love the shirt...i have the same one in sleevless.

Erin Basden said...

you look adorable, not miserable at all! love you! (and i like the halloween/fall decor in your dining room, too!)

Melissa Darby said...

You look awesome Jennie! You are so close....hang in there. Love you!

Amy A. W. said...

Jennie,

You look awesome! Make sure to rest up over the next few weeks. Sleeping is a whole new ball game after little Avery arrives. The profile picture is adorable!

shannon houlihan said...

you look beautiful! it won't be long!! can't wait to meet avery :)