Friday, January 29, 2010

Introducing Austin Thomas Adamson

Well, we had the conclusive ultrasound last week, and there is no doubt that this baby is a boy! Now that we have seen the proof, we were ready to finalize his name. Here he is - Austin Thomas Adamson!

Austin was at the top of our list of boy names when I was pregnant with Avery, and we still love it now. Plus, we think Avery and Austin sound good together. Thomas is after my mom's dad - Thomas Jackson. My grandpa is one of the greatest men I have ever known! I don't think I know anyone with a bigger heart, and I would be so thrilled if baby Austin grew up to be as wonderful of a man as his great-grandfather.

This picture was taken back in November around the 12-week mark. The doc was pretty confident that the arrow is pointing to "proof" of the baby being a boy, but it was still too early for him to call it conclusively. The blood test that I took that day (with results a week later) actually confirmed it.

Here is baby Austin's profile just last week. I think his profile is similar to Avery's.
This picture shows the "proof" quite obviously!
And here is his sweet little face looking right at us. Isn't he so cute??

8 comments:

Ebes said...

UM OF COURSE COOPER AND AUSTIN CAN BE FRIENDS! love the name!!

Anonymous said...

Love it Jennie!!! I was just thinking about you today and wondering what you guys were going to name him! How funny!

Melissa Darby said...

Wow, he is ALL boy ;)
Love the name!! Can't wait to meet him.

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

So cute! I agree...Austin and Avery sound great together!!! And I love Thomas, too...that is acutally on our "short list" ;) So sweet to honor your grandfather. Congrats!

The Brewers said...

soo cute!!! Love the name!!

Erin Basden said...

Congratulations, Jennie! Love the name - can't wait for him to arrive!!

Amy A. W. said...

Congrats Jennie, Roger, & Avery!!! Love the name & hope you are feeling well!

shannon houlihan said...

I love the name Jennie!! Perfect little boy!