I figured that it was most appropriate to have one of the first posts of 2010 be related to the biggest event that we are looking forward to this year - the birth of Avery's little brother! I felt the little guy moving for the first time on New Year's Day, which is the most amazing thing!
I am just about 20 weeks pregant, which means we are halfway there! It is amazing how fast the first 20 weeks past. I definitely think that is due to how busy we have been with the move and then the holidays. Most people typically have a big ultrasound at 20 weeks to check the progress of the baby. However, since I had the ultrasound/blood testing done at 11.5 weeks, and then another ultrasound at 13.5 weeks with my new doctor, they pushed back my next ultrasound until nearly 22 weeks. That will be two weeks from today. I completely understand the logic, but of course, I am so anxious to see that sweet baby again!
Despite the fact that two doctors and a 99% accurate blood test told us that the baby is a boy, I am not going to unleash the debit card on boy goodies until after the next ultrasound. Most poeple that I have talked to (including my OWN mother) have had different pregnancy experiences with girl babies vs. boy babies. Differences may be in their level of sickness, weight gain, cravings, etc. My two pregnancies have been nearly identical.
I have yet to have a sick, queasy day, and for that, I am very thankful! As of the 20-week mark, I have gained 8 pounds, which puts me right on track with what I gained with Avery (23 or 24 pounds total). My biggest pregnancy symptom is tiredness. When I was pregnant with Avery, I was EXHAUSTED the entire first trimester, but it passed after that. I am usually always on the go, and Roger was shocked back then to find me sound asleep on the couch by 8:00pm every night. With this pregnancy, I was not as exhausted as the first go around, but the tiredness has lingered on for a longer time period. Of course, that could have something to do with chasing around after a very active Avery all day long!
Avery was overdue by a week, and she had issues with meconium in her lungs when she was born. From what I have read and heard, this is pretty common with post-due babies. Avery had no ill effects, but because of the possible risks, my new New Orleans doctor told me that they will not allow this baby to hang out on the inside after his due date. If he is anything like his daddy, then this little guy will likely be a big baby! We will see!


3 comments:
Congratulations!! So exciting!
Yea! So exciting...and I am so glad you are feeling well!
Yay! Avery will love being a big sis. Names??
Post a Comment