Our sweet baby girl is ten months old today! I cannot believe that she will be a year old in two short months.
The past month has been filled with Avery's progression from crawling to walking. She is not walking independently yet, but she cruises all over the house with assistance. She prefers to travel by raising her arms above her head and holding on to our fingers. Avery also loves to "walk" around the house by holding onto furniture. She has absolutely no fear, and if there is a gap between furniture, she will take a DIVING lunge to get to the next location! Needless to say, we have had a few bumps and bruises along this learning curve!
The past month has been filled with Avery's progression from crawling to walking. She is not walking independently yet, but she cruises all over the house with assistance. She prefers to travel by raising her arms above her head and holding on to our fingers. Avery also loves to "walk" around the house by holding onto furniture. She has absolutely no fear, and if there is a gap between furniture, she will take a DIVING lunge to get to the next location! Needless to say, we have had a few bumps and bruises along this learning curve!
Avery has almost completed the transition from baby food to just real people food. I try to offer her pureed foods that I have cooked for her, and she is NOT interested. Such a big girl, she much prefers to feed herself! Right now her favorite foods are Nutri-grain waffles and grilled cheese sandwiches. We try to give her three meals a day along with her formula bottles.I tried to teach her to eat out of a bowl yesterday (as opposed to me just spreading out her buffet of food on her high chair tray). I put a few puffs in a bowl, and then I put the bowl on the kitchen floor for her. I was standing at the kitchen sink, and all of a sudden, I had a little monkey climbing my legs. At first I thought she was trying to love on me, but then I realized she had brought me her empty bowl, and she was begging for more puffs!
Avery also successfully learned to drink from a sippy cup this month. It is hilareous to watch her drink, because she throws her head back and chuggs her water as if she were in a very important drinking contest! She is still so messy with it, so for now, we will stick with water!

Avery's current words are dada and mama (although we still can't tell if she is actually referring to us?), bye-bye, and ut oh (usually just ut). She will wave, clap, dance, and raise her hands above her head when you ask her how big she is. Avery amazes me every day, and I just adore this age!


1 comments:
OMG that hair! Love the hair!! Cute!!!
Post a Comment