My how time flies when you are having fun! Avery's first week home has been such an amazing experience. Here is an update:
- Avery and I think that Roger is the best daddy ever! He does not hesitate to change a dirty diaper or wake up to help with a feeding. Avery LOVES napping with her daddy!
- Gram (my mom) arrived last Saturday, and she has been a tremendous help! It is so nice to be able to ask questions in person and have an extra pair of hands to help with the baby. Her advice has been invaluable!
- We went to the doctor for Avery's first checkup on Tuesday, and she had regained 6 ounces from when we left the hospital. She now weighs 7 pounds, 4 ounces.
- While our guy didn't win the election, Miss Avery was dressed for the occasion (see picture above). Despite the McCain loss, I am cautiously optimistic about Obama's plans for the country.
- So far, we cannot complain at all about Avery's sleeping habits. If Avery is fed around midnight, then she will sleep until 3:30 am, eat, and then sleep again until 7:00 or so. I know that we are so lucky!
- Avery is not a fussy baby. She cries only if she needs something, and even then, it is just for a minute or two. The pediatrician has warned us that this may change, but we are keeping our fingers crossed that she will stay the way she is now!
- We had a photographer out to the house today to take Avery's newborn pictures. Based on what I saw, the pictures are going to be adorable! As soon as the photographer has the proofs up, I will post a link.


3 comments:
Jennie she is adorable! Look at all that hair!! You look amazing too!!! I really cannot wait to meet Miss Avery!! Love you!
What a beautiful family you are! I am so glad she is such a sweet baby and sleeps well for you! Much love,
shannon
Ahh such a sweet pic!! Can't wait to see the newborn pics! Glad she is such a good baby!
Post a Comment