At the end of April, Avery was 18 months old, and I was 36 weeks pregnant. It is so hard to believe that our baby girl is 1.5 years old and that her little brother will be here in less than a month!
At 36 weeks, I have gained 18.5 pounds, and I am 1cm/50% effaced. It took Austin a little while to realize that there is an exit to his cozy little home, but he has figured it out and is now head down, in position. Thank goodness! We are putting the finishing touches on his nursery, but we are ready!!
At 36 weeks, I have gained 18.5 pounds, and I am 1cm/50% effaced. It took Austin a little while to realize that there is an exit to his cozy little home, but he has figured it out and is now head down, in position. Thank goodness! We are putting the finishing touches on his nursery, but we are ready!!


Growth Stats:
24 pounds (45% percentile)
34 inches (95% percentile)
Clothes Size - Completely Depends -12-18-24, some 2's!!
Shoe Size - 6 to 6.5
Even though she is learning to push her limits (often), Avery is the most precious little thing to be around! She is constantly chatting, singing, and dancing! She loves baby dolls, Sesame Street, all electronics, and playing outside. This child is a complete girly girl! She can match any pair of shoes in her closet, and she won't go anywhere without a bow in her hair. Lately we have caught her posing in the full-length mirror in her room. She twists from side to side and checks herself out from all angles. We need to record it one of these days because it is the FUNNIEST thing to watch!
There is hardly anything you can say to Avery or ask her to do that she doesn't understand. It is amazing to me how much she comprehends! She hasn't been as quick to verbalized everything, but she does use about 40 words and a TON of animal sounds on a very regular basis. These are her regular, everyday words:
Hi, Bye, Co-Ca (Colby Cat), Momma, Dadda, hat, socks, shoes, bow, snack, sit, go, more (ma, ma), all done/all gone, eyes, outside, juice, baby, car, keys, hot, brr! cold, ut-oh, ball, te-te, poo poo, cheese, cracker, glasses, old, school, baba (binkie), yes, no, eww, cheers, excuse me, night-night
Avery doesn't sing along with the right words yet, but she has the correct intonation and does plenty of hand motions for various songs. There are a bunch of other words that I have heard Avery use once or twice, but I don't really count those since they aren't a part of her everyday vocabulary.
Our challenge over the next few months is going to be managing the sass that we get from Avery and learning how to discipline the attitude. The word "no" doesn't seem to phase her right now! I can only imagine the chuckle that my own parents must get from this!!


1 comments:
She is a doll and so grown up!!
Post a Comment