We don't keep sweets in the house. We don't have them because neither Roger nor I typically want to eat them - not because of some diet. However, every now and then I get a MAJOR craving for something sweet. My current sweet craving has been building up over the past few days. I even thought about having Roger bring a dessert home last night from one of the casino restaurants, but my better judgement advised me against it. Today, I hit the point of no return. I NEEDED a sweet fix. But, what is a girl to do when it is only 2 degrees outside? There was no way I was going to take the baby out just so I could get some sugar in my system. So instead, I scoured the pantry. I found what amounted to be about 1 cup of flour, some sugar, and miraculously, some chocolate chips.
I am no Betty Crocker or Martha Stewart, and I can't really remember the last time I baked something (excluding holiday pumpkin bread), so I have no idea where the chocolate chips came from or how long they had been in the pantry. But, I didn't care - I had to have them! I found a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, and sure enough, I had all the necessary ingredients. Fifteen minutes and a few diffucult fractions later (I had to 1/3 the recipe), my cookies were ready. Eating just one should do the trick to cure my craving. Thanks baby Avery for taking a great 30-minute nap, which allowed mommy to get her sweet fix!


1 comments:
Those look SO good! Ahh!! And sorry it's freezing in KC.
Post a Comment