Avery and I went to the doctor last week for her one month checkup. To sum up her progress in one word, the pediatrician says that she is "thriving!" In one month, she gained just over 2 pounds. She now weighs 9 pounds, 10 ounces, and she is 23 inches long. This puts her in the 65th percentile for weight, and 95th(!) percentile for height. Thankfully, it isn't the other way around! At this point, she generally eats every 3 hours - night or day. On a good night, she will stretch this out up to 5 hours. This is still very rare, but we sure love it when it happens, since it is approximatley an hour process to feed her, burb her, change her, and get her back to sleep.
For 95% of the time, Avery is a very happy baby! She has been a bit fussy in the evenings for the past two weeks, but it seems as this is tapering off (we hope). Weather permitting, I will bundle her up and run some errands a few times a week. Unfortunately, the weather will soon be working against us, and I just won't feel comfortable taking her out in the snow.
Avery and I went to the casino to visit Roger last Friday, and everyone was so excited to meet her. We took her through the offices (not on the casino floor) and she attended her first pep ralley. There wasn't a single person who didn't comment on the amount of her hair. This baby girl truly has a FULL head of hair. Give me a few months, and I am going to have her in pigtails! As her hair grows, it gets lighter from the roots. Roger and I think it will likely end up as a medium brown color.
For 95% of the time, Avery is a very happy baby! She has been a bit fussy in the evenings for the past two weeks, but it seems as this is tapering off (we hope). Weather permitting, I will bundle her up and run some errands a few times a week. Unfortunately, the weather will soon be working against us, and I just won't feel comfortable taking her out in the snow.
Avery and I went to the casino to visit Roger last Friday, and everyone was so excited to meet her. We took her through the offices (not on the casino floor) and she attended her first pep ralley. There wasn't a single person who didn't comment on the amount of her hair. This baby girl truly has a FULL head of hair. Give me a few months, and I am going to have her in pigtails! As her hair grows, it gets lighter from the roots. Roger and I think it will likely end up as a medium brown color.
Here is a picture of Avery hanging out in her Boppy chair while we cooked dinner:


0 comments:
Post a Comment