We ordered our crib and dresser for the nursery three months ago. At the time, the furniture store told me that the manufacturer takes about 2 months to ship things. Since we were ordering SOOOO early, I thought it would be no problem. Two months passed and we hadn't heard anything, so I called the baby store to find out what was going on. The furniture store put calls in to the manufacturer, and promised to call us back. Luckily for the furniture store guy, Roger was the one home to take the call when they had some news. The good news was that our dresser was available and would be shipped to the store ASAP. The bad news was that our crib was backordered, and it wouldn't be here until the end of OCTOBER!!!!!!!!! That would be four months from when we placed the order, and there was a good chance that the baby would arrive before the crib.
I was not stressed out about having a place for her to sleep, because I am sure she will be in a bassinet in our room for the first few weeks anyway. I was just so mad that I wouldn't be able to have things set up before she arrives! The furniture store offered to loan us a crib until ours arrived, but for me, that was not even an option to consider. At that point I decided to make a personal visit to the baby store. Despite what most of you are thinking, I did not go in there to yell and throw a fit. I just wanted more answers on how this had happened. I talked with the manager, and he told me that it would actually be mid-November before the crib would arrive. And that is when I started to cry.
I was not stressed out about having a place for her to sleep, because I am sure she will be in a bassinet in our room for the first few weeks anyway. I was just so mad that I wouldn't be able to have things set up before she arrives! The furniture store offered to loan us a crib until ours arrived, but for me, that was not even an option to consider. At that point I decided to make a personal visit to the baby store. Despite what most of you are thinking, I did not go in there to yell and throw a fit. I just wanted more answers on how this had happened. I talked with the manager, and he told me that it would actually be mid-November before the crib would arrive. And that is when I started to cry.
Perhaps tears worked because we got a call this week from the furniture store to tell us that our crib had arrived. What????? Yes, after all the drama with a backordered crib, one mysteriously made its way to Kansas City this week. I really won't believe that it is the right crib until I see if for myself. We scheduled delivery and setup for Friday afternoon, so the mystery will be solved soon. I am so excited that we will be able to work on the nursery this weekend!


3 comments:
Just had the opportunity to read your blog. I love that you are keeping us in the loop this way.
We have been dealing with Ike for over a week. Still have no power but the house came through without a scratch. We are way luckier than some.
Glad to hear that you didn't lose it over the crib drama. I know it was frustrating and we sure understand frustration now in Houston. Hope your family did well with the storm.
Keep those blogs coming. Miss you.
Hooray!!! Hope the right one arrives!!
yay crib!! that is great news jennie!
Post a Comment